Hainanese Chicken Rice with Asian Home Gourmet

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 0 Comments A+ a-

Spice Paste for Singapore Hainanese chicken rice
Ever since my 'great discovery' at the Asian grocers, I can now make a bowl of Hainanese chicken rice in 15 minutes, with just 4 simple steps.

I have been a loyal fan of Prima Taste's ready-to-cook sauce kits. I especially like their mee siam and laksa. They do have spice paste for the legendary Hainanese chicken rice, unfortunately it is not available in the Asian grocers here. The only available Hainanese chicken rice paste I can find is by Asian Home Gourmet. I gave it a try, since it is 2x cheaper than Prima Taste.
(Note: Prima Taste - Fragrant Hainanese Chicken Rice Paste 80g is EUR3.51
           Asian Home Gourmet - Spice Paste for Singapore Hainanese chicken rice 50g is EUR1.20)

I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious my chicken rice turned out to be, and most importantly, it was so easy to prepare. 4 simple steps: Wash rice -> add water and spice paste -> mixed well -> set to cook.


Hainanese Chicken Rice with Asian Home Gourmet

Getting the right water measurement is the key for a bowl of fluffy chicken rice. I managed to get the desired rice texture after my second attempt. The instructions on German is meant for stove-top cooking. If you are using the rice cooker, please reduce the quantity of water. Instead of adding 2 1/2 cups, add only 1 3/4 cups.

Ingredients
1 packet of Singapore Hainanese chicken rice spice paste
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
1 3/4 cups water
(with rice cooker) or 2 1/2 cups water (stove-top cooking)
sliced cucumber
chili sauce

 Spice Paste for Singapore Hainanese chicken rice


Asian Home Gourmet

Asian Home Gourmet
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...