Simple Home Made Peanut Butter Recipe

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-


Peanut butter is the comfort food to some. Though I am not a big fan for peanut butter, I do confess I occasionally have deep cravings for it.

I never thought making a jar of homemade peanut butter could be this simple until recently when my friend shared her recipe with me. Just 4 simple ingredients, grind together and voila.


Ingredients
150g roasted peanut
1/2 tsp of salt
1   tbsp peanut oil
2   tbsp of honey
I like my peanut butter with light strawberry taste, hence I am using the strawberry flavour honey.

Direction

1. Grind the peanut in food processor till they turn chunky
2. Add in salt, peanut oil and honey and blend til it turns smooth paste
3. Transfer the peanut butter paste to mason jar or glass container and store in dry area

The blending time is very much depended on your food processor/blender and how smooth you want your peanut butter to be. Do blend slightly longer if you prefer the smooth and creamy texture.


Sharing here is a good tutorial video on how to make peanut butter just in 5 minutes. After watching this, you will be amazed (just like me)  that making a jar of homemade peanut butter is incredibly simple.

 


A bottle of standard size good quality peanut butter (off-the-shelf) does not come cheap here. I rarely finish the whole bottle before the expiry date and it ended up in the trash. My problem is now solved, Phew~ !! I can now tailor my own size of peanut butter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...