Easy Homemade Lemon Chicken Recipe

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe

Hot honey lemon tea has been the renown home remedy for flu. Down by heavy flu, I was busy looking around for fresh lemons from supermarket. Last week, I finally brought back a pack of yellow fresh lemons from AH grocer.

Usually a lemon can make 4 servings of hot honey lemon drinks. So, I do have extra lemons to spare for nice treats. Since there are chicken slices available in the fridge, I decided to pampered myself with a plate of homemade lemon chicken for Sunday lunch.

I am very please with the results even-though this is my very first attempt. Seriously, the lemon chicken tasted as good as it looks in the photo. I am super proud of myself !!

I wouldn't say this is a quick dish, but it is definitely not hard to prepare. Here you go the recipe.

Ingredients
300g of chicken breast, cut into stripes
1/2 lemon
2 eggs (beaten)
2 table spoon of honey
all-purpose flour
corn starch
cooking oil
sugar
pepper and salt to taste
Chinese cooking wine

Instructions
Step 1: Marinade the chicken stripes with salt, pepper, chinese cooking wine and corn starch for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2: Heat up a cm of cooking oil in shallow frying pan
Step 3: Coat the marinated chicken stripes with beaten eggs and then with a mixture of  all purpose flour and some salt
Step 4: Fry the chicken till golden brown and set aside
Step 5: Prepare the sauce by adding in the lemon juice, honey, corn starch dissolve in some water, sugar, pepper and salt
Step 6: Once the lemon sauce hit the right consistency, pour over the fried chicken stripes to serve
 Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe

Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...