The Best Homemade Roasted Chicken Drumsticks

Friday, January 25, 2013 2 Comments A+ a-


Best homemade roasted chicken drumsticks
Succulent roasted chicken drumsticks with yummy baked potatoes

I am a huge fan of roasted chicken. Back home, Nando's Hot Peri-peri and Ayamas 'Percik' Roaster are my top picks. Especially the ever spicy Nando's, would featured prominently on my weekly menu. The fact is delivery service is just a call away and in 45minutes (sometimes even less), the aromatic roasted chicken accompanied by sumptuous side dishes will arrive at your door step. On the occasions when I ran out of cooking ideas for dinner or lunch, I will just drive to the nearby Ayamas shop for a half-bird of golden 'Percik' roaster.

It was so highly convenient to source for a great piece of roasted chicken back home until it never triggers any intention to roast my own chicken at home. However, after a few months without the tasty roasted chicken in the Netherlands, I decided the time is ripe to craft my very own roasted chicken.

Instead of getting a whole bird, I opted for some chicken drumsticks since it is easier to marinate. I am happy to share that preparing my very own roasted chicken was easier than I originally anticipated. The marinate is however the most important element to a piece of irresistible roasted chicken drumstick. Here is my successful roasted chicken recipe.

Ingredients
  • 6 pieces of chicken drumsticks
  • 4 tbsp of Madras curry powder
  • 4 tbsp of cooking oil
  • 4 tbsp of light soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp of salt
  • 1 fresh lemon
  • some pepper
  • some honey

Instructions
Step 1: Marinate the chicken drumsticks with salt, light soy sauce, pepper and Madras curry powder. Cover the marinated drumsticks with cling wrap and marinate the drumsticks overnight in the fridge (Remember to defrost the marinated drumsticks to room temperature at least an hour before baking)
Step 2: Brush some cooking oil on the foil-lined baking tray and arrange the drumsticks on the baking tray. With spoon, drop a few drops of cooking oil on each piece of drumstick
Step 3: Pop the drumsticks into the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 195°C heat
Step 4: Turn over the drumsticks and bake for another 10 minutes
Step 5: Smear some honey on the surface of each drumstick and bake for additional 5 minutes

Lastly, finish your roasted chicken drumsticks with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve it with some baked potatoes.

Phoebe commented that the roasted chicken drumsticks tasted even better than the one from Ayamas. What a surprising compliment. The end product is perfect due to the crispy and savory chicken skin coupled with moist and slightly spicy meat that fell off the bone. I am totally proud of my homemade roasted chicken drumsticks!
Homemade roasted chicken drumsticks
Roasted chicken drumsticks with appealing color palette


2 comments

Write comments
Unknown
AUTHOR
25 January 2013 at 21:08 delete

This looks absolutely mouth watering!
I only have a small oven at home and for me, cooking chicken is still a bit intimidating (I don't want to be left with raw meat in the centre !) .

Will have a go at this recipe soon!
Thank you for sharing &
love from Melbourne!

http://yolksandforks.blogspot.com.au

Reply
avatar
Denise
AUTHOR
25 January 2013 at 21:23 delete

Hi Deby, Maybe you could try this recipe with drummet instead? Thanks for dropping by.

Reply
avatar
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...