Chicken & Pesto Mini Quiche @ Albert Heijn

Thursday, January 17, 2013 2 Comments A+ a-

Year end shopping spree is something I would not miss every year. Rock bottom prices from super attractive discounts were the ultimate temptations for shopaholics like me. I would spend my time and hard-earned cash in different shopping malls. 

However, there was a slight difference in the past Christmas. Instead of bringing back pretty dresses, cosmetics, heels and bags from my shopping sprees; FOOD was the main focus of my shopping spree.  Retailers and super markets were throwing great discounts on a daily basis to spur the weakened European shoppers. Without realizing, I ended up with a fridge filled to the brim with food items such as cheeses, frozen pastries, candies, cold cuts, bread spreads, cookies, cakes, sauces etcs.

Most of the food, especially frozen pastries usually have a shorter life span. Hence, I have been diligently clearing my stocks for the past few weeks. ('...friends, this is the consequences of heavy shopping', confession of a shopaholic). Chicken & Pesto Mini Quiche from Albert Heijn was my featured lunch meal.

quiche
Chicken and Pesto Mini Quiche
I was a bit skeptical at first with this frozen quiche since it looked a bit pale and unappetizing. Perhaps to avoid over cooking it, the quiche was half-baked when it was packaged. After carefully reading the instructions on the box, I then popped the quiche into the oven for 15 minutes, at 180°C. While waiting, I constantly remind myself that it was just a mini quiche and it would not be a huge wastage if it later ended in in the dustbin.

After 15 minutes, the moment of truth has arrived. It smelled surprisingly good when I took it out from the oven. First bite and I was totally blown away. It tasted absolutely yummy where the crust was thin and crunchy, the 
filling (chicken, egg, tomato, onion, pesto, basil, garlic and Maasdam cheese) was fluffy and moist. There were generous portion of well seasoned chunky chicken pieces and tomatoes hidden underneath a layer of well baked cheese ... yum!

This mini pesto quiche was unfortunately a little too mini for me. I later regret for not getting the regular size instead. Time to source for another batch of yummy chicken and pesto mini quiche?
 

2 comments

Write comments
Ian Dixon
AUTHOR
17 January 2013 at 23:02 delete

hehe they used to have a terrible message that was something like 'nieuw van der albert heijn' that would be blasted out over their speakers.

Reply
avatar
Denise
AUTHOR
18 January 2013 at 12:20 delete

Oh really? I am not aware of this. Perhaps I was too engrossed with my shopping and did not pay attention to the background noise .. haha! Ian, the actual truth is, I don't understand Dutch >_<||

Reply
avatar
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...