3 Minutes Quick Snack: Classic Sweet Corn-in-Cup

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2 Comments A+ a-

3pm sharp and my little tummy started to make loads of growling noises. I know....I know,  tea time has arrived!

Tea time snacks have always been pretty lavish back home. The cafeteria in my old company always prepare a wide range of snacks everyday in order to cope with the great demand for afternoon tea time snack seekers like me. Fried banana fritters, fried sweet potato, spring roll, Indian bread (roti prata), fish crackers (keropok lekor), layered cake (kuih lapis) were some of the local delicacies you can get during tea break, Monday to Friday, from 2.30pm till 4.00pm.

If you noticed, most of the tea time snacks back home are prepared fresh and served warm. This explained my cravings for something pipping hot. However chocolate, cookies, biscuits and granular bars are what I have in my kitchen cabinet. I persisted and continue to dig through my cabinet for 'gold nuggets', suddenly I spotted this small tin of sweet corn sitting lonely in the deepest corner of my food cabinet. Why not have a cup of steaming hot sweet corn as my tea break snack today?
Sweet corn in a cup
Classic Sweet Corn-in-Cup

This quick snack only took me a mere 3 minutes to prepare. Just TWO simple steps, voila ... the sweet corn cup is done!

Ingredients
  • 1 small can of sweet corn
  • 1/2 tbs of butter (you may add more if you like extra buttery taste)
  • a pinch of salt

Instructions
Step 1: Heat up the sweet corn in microwave (900W setting) for 2 minutes
Step 2: Add in the butter and salt. Mix the sweet corn well until all the corn kernels are coated with butter and salt

My 3 minutes sweet corn in cup ... best enjoy while still warm! The combination of juicy and sweet corn kernels enriched with butter and seasoned with a light pinch of salt, may just be the irresistible snack for all time!                  

2 comments

Write comments
Chef MiMi J
AUTHOR
9 January 2013 at 21:26 delete

Always good to keep your tummy full. This is a good idea for those who are dieting too. Eating 6 small low calorie meals each day will give your metabolism a great boost. This is a perfect mid-day filler.

Reply
avatar
Denise
AUTHOR
10 January 2013 at 20:25 delete

Thanks Mimi, thanks for dropping by.

Reply
avatar
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Loading...